Sony Ericsson announced Xperia X10 will get Gingerbread upgrade from present Xperia OS Android 2.1 Eclair. We can expect this update in end of 2nd Quarter or early 3rd Quarter this year. Sony Ericsson said that because of huge request from their Xperia customer they have planned to upgrade the Xperia X10 to Gingerbread. This update can be done through our PC-based upgrade clients. i.e. it cannot be done over the air.
- The current plan is that the XperiaTM X10 will get the Android standard Camera user interface and therefore features like e.g. face recognition, smile shutter etc will be lost.
- Moxier is replaced by the gingerbread native EAS functionality.
- Mediascape is being replaced by the media experience widgets and music player included in our new 2011 products.
- DRM keys for protected content on your phone will be lost in the upgrade process.
- The Sony Ericsson Backup and Restore client is not supported in the Gingerbread version and will therefore be lost.
- Support for bi-directional languages will be reduced compared to the latest version of the 2.1 version of the XperiaTM X10.
for more information : Sony Ericsson Xperia X10